ASSESSMENT, ACCREDITATION, APPROVALS, AND QUALITY STANDARDS
MADONNA UNIVERSITY IS COMMITTED to the highest quality standards for higher education. The University uses its own measures of quality as well as standards required by professional and accrediting organizations. Many organizations review the curriculum and facilities, instruction and administration, and the results of student outcomes as part of the approval and accreditation process. The University has designed a comprehensive assessment plan that measures and reports on student achievement as part of this process.
Approval by accrediting agencies and professional organizations exists at international, national, regional and state levels. These organizations have varying cycles of review that can be anywhere from one to ten years.
The following is a list of approvals and accreditations:
• American Bar Association , 1984,1990,1994,2000
• American Dietetic Association Approvals Plan IV, 1977, 1982; Plan V, 1990, 1995 American Dietetic Association Accreditation, 2000 (Council on Accreditation for Dietetics Education, The American Dietetic Association,216 W.Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60606-6995.1-800-877-1600).
• Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education,2006 One Dupont Circle, NW suite 530, Washington, DC 20036-1120; (202) 887-6791
• Council on Social Work Education,1982, 1988,1995,2003
• Michigan Board of Education: Approval of Four-Year Degrees, 1947. Teacher certifications, 1954,1969,1996,2002 Vocational certification and authorization, 1969, 1974, 1996, 2002 Master of Science in Administration, 1982, 1996 Master of Science in Nursing, 1987
• Michigan Board of Nursing, 1967
• North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, 30 North Lassalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602; 1959, 1968, 1978, 1982, (Graduate Studies), 1988, 1998, 2004(merger with St. Mary’s College)
• National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, 1972, 1981, 1992, 1996, 2002
• National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), 61 Broadway, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10006; Phone: (800) 669-1656, ext.153, 1970, 1978,1984,1993, 1999 NOTE: Accreditation materials are available for review in the Madonna University Library